My 3 year old Neve (Aka Nevie) is a spitfire, a ham, a daredevil, and our little princess! She LOVES to dress up, do gymnastics and is girl to the core. I really wanted a room that showed her spunk yet was soft and girly. This mid century mint and cream room turned out PERFECT for her!! This room was a little tricky, as I have never actually painted haring bone before, so it was an adventure! I have painted a lot in my day so I didn’t think it would be too hard. Especially now that we got the whole angle thing down in my son’s room.. it was actually a breeze!
- We measured the wall out, started in middle, decided how wide a part we wanted each section and divided it evenly.
- We painted the wall the white color first ( Polar Bear by Behr) Then we used frog tape to do the angles.
- We got the angle we wanted and then with the bubble app (free download on your phone), we made for sure each angle was the same. I wanted a more random look so I did the angles different heights apart.
- I then caulked ALL the lines to make for SURE there was NO paint leaks! THIS STEP IS KEY!!!! DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! This is how I get all my lines crisp and clean. I use a caulk gun with a few beads of caulk and then go over it with a credit card or a damp rag and really work the caulk into the gaps.
- You wait. I like to pull the tape off when the paint is still wet so, I usually only wait about 20-30 mins.
With all the painting, taping and caulking it did take a while and we did this at night with only a spotlight! Eeek! In the end, we over caulked and I had some MAJOR touch ups to do. Well, you live you learn. After adding the curtains, decor and a cute bed spread… it’s exactly what I was envisioning for my little spunky princess!