I just love adding small and simple personal touches to my home to make it feel a little more like ours. I love telling stories and reminiscing on memories when I see an item in my home. There really are so many simple and easy ways to make your home feel more personal. I have created a little list of some of the ways, I like to add charm and my personal touch to my own home.
- Personalized Pillows: Here is a pillow I was able to personalize from www.willowcreekcompany. another favorite is www.coverloveshop.com!
- Personalized vinyl lettering. There are so many shops out there that have beautiful sayings, signs and monograms that you can easily customize or create your own! This one happens to be from Landbgraphics.
- Candles: I love filling my home scents my family and I love. Styling your favorite candles can be beautiful as well! Like this picture from: Sophiasdecorblogspot.com
- Monograms: Hanging, on a shelf, on a plaque… you name it… mongrams are the cutest!! I have them all over my house and I just love to decorate with them!
- Heirlooms: Decorating with treasured heirlooms that have been past down in your family or by someone you love can add so much meaning to your home decor. Adding these treasures can bring a sense of happiness and comfort to your home and make you feel a connection to your family. (photo cred: Pinterest)
- Sayings: Placing your favorite sayings, scripture or quote in your home can remind you of what you stand for and love. They can also add texture and a unique element to styling!
- Pictures: There are so many creative ways to add images of those you love to your home. Weather it be a gallery wall, a shelf with pictures or just snap shots here and there… adding pictures.. helps you remember great memories and can bring so much joy on a daily basis!